Timing
You know the feeling when you want to say something to someone but you're not quite sure just what to say or how to say it so you end up saying nothing? I know the feeling because even I, the queen of expressing her feelings, am guilty of this. I have a stock pile of sympathy cards because when someone I care about loses a loved one, I so badly want to reach out and remind them that I'm still thinking of them long after the funeral and initial rush of support, but then I battle with what to say and the timing of saying it. Before I know it too much time has gone by and then I feel even more confused about what to say, so instead of fulfilling its intention the card gets added to said stock pile collecting dust.
I should know better, especially since I wear my heart on my sleeve and leave little unsaid. But even more so I should know better because I have been on the receiving end of so many heartfelt messages and know firsthand the immense power these massages hold and how truly uplifting they can be.
Unbeknownst to the senders, many of my messages have come at a time when I needed them most; at times when my spirit needed a little extra boost. Another thing the sender could never fully grasp is just how much their kind words lifted my spirits and propelled me forward out of a stagnant state. Was their timing purely coincidental? Possibly. But I highly doubt it.
I'm going to step out on a limb here and say that I believe in the power of intention and that there is some cosmic, divine power that takes a pure intention and helps it along. I believe that if you have the intention to help someone, you will; even if in the simplest forms of a text message or a good old fashioned letter or phone call.
The moral of this story is that if you ever feel like you want to reach out to someone but aren't quite sure what to say or how to say it, just say anything because it's better than saying nothing at all. While I do suck at sending sympathy cards, I am good at reaching out to someone when I'm thinking of them and I can tell you that I have never once regretted it, not one single time. Sometimes I'll get no response, sometimes I'll get a simple 'thank you', and sometimes it will end up totally brightening someone's day. The response is irrelevant. What matters is that my intention was pure and that love and positivity were released into the atmosphere as opposed to being energy trapped in my mind.
I for one am eternally grateful for all of the heartfelt messages I've received and carry some with me long after they become a distant memory to the sender. There is never a bad time to let someone know you're thinking of them. Moving forward, I vow to get better at the sympathy cards :)
Quick health update: I got home from the hospital Thursday evening in rough shape from the side effects of a minor med adjustment. Luckily the itching subsided and I had Myles to keep me afloat with an epic love fest. Instead of boring you with the nitty gritty, all that matters is that I'm feeling a little bit better each day. Slow & steady wins the race. Thank you for keeping me in your thoughts -- I can feel it!

Comments