Know When to Fold 'Em

More than a month and several feet of snow since my last health update and yet, not much has changed.  Two rounds of oral/inhaled antibiotics have come and gone and have allowed me some good days, but overall I'm still the same and my 'bugs' have become super resistant, making it easy for me t0 know it's time for the big guns: IV antibiotics.  

I emailed my CF doc last week to get the ball rolling, but at the time I was still on two antibiotics so she asked that I hold off and see her in clinic this week to make the final call.  Since my email to her I've continued to feel worse (as I predicted) and am anxious to get things underway so I can feel better by spring (my favorite season) and grab life by the balls once again.

As far as my mysterious abdominal pain goes, we still have yet to figure out what is causing it.  But we have been experimenting with Neurontin which hasn't stopped the pain from waking me up at night, but it has been lessening the pain and making it much more bearable.

The past few days have been pretty lazy ones for me, but today I found myself basking in the low key task of updating our digital picture frame.  Scrolling through pictures from the past 2 years while listening to my husband and son playing in the other room brought me immense joy -- even brought a few tears to my eyes.  I was overwhelmed with feelings of love and gratitude.  Everyone in my world is just so f*ing awesome, amazing, loving, and unique.  I may not have lived much by conventional standards--I have not traveled the world, gone sky diving, nor have I made millions--but I have been lucky enough to give and receive love in its purest form.  

And if you ask me, lovin' is livin'! 

[Cue the bumper stickers]   





Comments

Anonymous said…
What a great picture! You still amaze me! More people need to have your great attitude!
Anonymous said…
2 beautiful people,wheres the 3rd