Slow Progress
...but forward motion nonetheless. Yesterday's appointment was fairly uneventful, but they did end up doing an echocardiogram (ultrasound of the heart.) I apologize for the delay in posting about the visit as I was hoping to have the echo results by now. No such luck, but I'm thinking that no news is good news. They did say that they will call me with the results some time today, so if there's anything of significance to report, I'll post again later.
My PFTs (breathing tests) were actually down a little bit (worse) from two weeks ago, but I wasn't surprised because I'm not feeling that much different. As far as my lofty goal of getting them back into the 90's...well, that's going to take longer than I anticipated (a.k.a. I'm far from it!) I'm not conceding that it's never going to happen, but I do realize that it's not going to happen anytime in the near future. Life's a marathon, not a sprint (right Didi?) so I'm not going to take it off my goal list just yet.
The important thing is that right now I am holding steady and am easing back into 'life as usual'. No one can explain what happened over the weekend with the sudden fluid retention and chest pressure, but it's slowly resolving on its own. I feel like the new combination of meds is working and agreed with the CF time that we'll give them one more week to work their magic. Next Wednesday, regardless of where my PFTs are, they will pull the line and call it a day on this round of IV antibiotics. Most IV courses are 2-3 weeks and next week will by my 5th, so enough is enough.
My PFTs (breathing tests) were actually down a little bit (worse) from two weeks ago, but I wasn't surprised because I'm not feeling that much different. As far as my lofty goal of getting them back into the 90's...well, that's going to take longer than I anticipated (a.k.a. I'm far from it!) I'm not conceding that it's never going to happen, but I do realize that it's not going to happen anytime in the near future. Life's a marathon, not a sprint (right Didi?) so I'm not going to take it off my goal list just yet.
The important thing is that right now I am holding steady and am easing back into 'life as usual'. No one can explain what happened over the weekend with the sudden fluid retention and chest pressure, but it's slowly resolving on its own. I feel like the new combination of meds is working and agreed with the CF time that we'll give them one more week to work their magic. Next Wednesday, regardless of where my PFTs are, they will pull the line and call it a day on this round of IV antibiotics. Most IV courses are 2-3 weeks and next week will by my 5th, so enough is enough.
Comments