Cautiously Optimistic
Oh what a difference a day can make! I hesitate to say this for fear of jinxing anything, but I think I'm actually beginning to feel a little better. My home nurse came today to draw more blood and everything looked normal. There was a moment (or two) last night when I was questioning my decision to come home, but I knew that if I had stayed in the hospital I wouldn't have slept at all and I'm a big believer that sleep is when the body heals itself. Being home I had the luxury of sleeping in this morning, got some good, quality rest today and by dinner time my appetite began creeping back and my pain was on the decline. And of course it never hurts to feel surrounded by love.
I have an appointment with my CF team on Wed. and they will then decide whether or not I need an echocardiogram. I feel confident that if I continue to feel better and my weight returns to normal I won't even need one. I realize that I may very well be jumping the gun, but one little day of progress has raised my hope that I might be reuniting with the outside world soon. Knock on wood!
I have an appointment with my CF team on Wed. and they will then decide whether or not I need an echocardiogram. I feel confident that if I continue to feel better and my weight returns to normal I won't even need one. I realize that I may very well be jumping the gun, but one little day of progress has raised my hope that I might be reuniting with the outside world soon. Knock on wood!
Comments
Love, Nance