Perfect or Not, I'll Give It a Shot
The Universe/God has sent me an email, and I am listening. For those of you who may not remember, I had participated in an online three-week meditation challenge a few months ago and had really enjoyed it. Since the challenge ended though, I've completely fallen off the meditation bandwagon and could use a little nudge to recenter. Low and behold I received an email inviting me to another three-week meditation challenge, only this challenge is ironically titled "Perfect Health."
Now anyone who knows me knows that I do not believe in the word 'perfect' and I certainly don't think that aiming for "perfect health" is a realistic goal. However I do think that the timing of this challenge is a little serendipitous, so I am receiving the message with an open heart and mind, and have nothing to lose by trying.
The official online "challenge" begins today, but yesterday they sent out an email with tips to prepare. One of the tips that caught my attention was "...we encourage you to surround yourself with positive, encouraging support systems..." I immediately thought of my support system (hint, hint: you guys) and how much your support means to me. Not only am I lucky enough to check off that box, but when it comes to my support system, I've really hit the ball out of the park.
I agree that having a positive and encouraging support system plays a crucial role in both my physical and mental health and I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for all of the support you have given me-especially during the past two months. I have always been extremely grateful for the support my close friends and family has given me time and time again, but sharing my experiences via this blog has truly opened up a whole other level of support that I didn't even realize was there, and for that I am beyond thankful. Mark and I feel so incredibly blessed for the outpouring of support we've received - the blog messages, cards, emails, texts, meals, groceries, visits, flowers, help with Myles - hell, even if you never said a single word, but sent us some positive energy, YOU made a difference and touched us deeply.
I honestly had no idea that so many wonderful people cared about my health 'stuff' and if this blog does nothing more than bring that to light, it's been worth it ten-fold. Your kind words have lifted me up during some gloomy moments and have made me smile more that you'll ever know...so thank you!
Last, but certainly not least, I have to give a very special shout-out to Mark, my Mom and my in-laws who have all played an instrumental role in my journey back to not-so-perfect health. Whomever said that it takes a village was absolutely right and I thank God for my village each and every day! My list of people whom I am grateful for and all the wonderful things they've done for us could go on and on, which makes me one very lucky gal. If that doesn't give me a leg-up to "perfect health" I don't know what will.
Now anyone who knows me knows that I do not believe in the word 'perfect' and I certainly don't think that aiming for "perfect health" is a realistic goal. However I do think that the timing of this challenge is a little serendipitous, so I am receiving the message with an open heart and mind, and have nothing to lose by trying.
The official online "challenge" begins today, but yesterday they sent out an email with tips to prepare. One of the tips that caught my attention was "...we encourage you to surround yourself with positive, encouraging support systems..." I immediately thought of my support system (hint, hint: you guys) and how much your support means to me. Not only am I lucky enough to check off that box, but when it comes to my support system, I've really hit the ball out of the park.
I agree that having a positive and encouraging support system plays a crucial role in both my physical and mental health and I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for all of the support you have given me-especially during the past two months. I have always been extremely grateful for the support my close friends and family has given me time and time again, but sharing my experiences via this blog has truly opened up a whole other level of support that I didn't even realize was there, and for that I am beyond thankful. Mark and I feel so incredibly blessed for the outpouring of support we've received - the blog messages, cards, emails, texts, meals, groceries, visits, flowers, help with Myles - hell, even if you never said a single word, but sent us some positive energy, YOU made a difference and touched us deeply.
I honestly had no idea that so many wonderful people cared about my health 'stuff' and if this blog does nothing more than bring that to light, it's been worth it ten-fold. Your kind words have lifted me up during some gloomy moments and have made me smile more that you'll ever know...so thank you!
Last, but certainly not least, I have to give a very special shout-out to Mark, my Mom and my in-laws who have all played an instrumental role in my journey back to not-so-perfect health. Whomever said that it takes a village was absolutely right and I thank God for my village each and every day! My list of people whom I am grateful for and all the wonderful things they've done for us could go on and on, which makes me one very lucky gal. If that doesn't give me a leg-up to "perfect health" I don't know what will.
Comments