A New Day
No matter where I am, seeing the sun rise or set always fills me up with peace and joy. I'm so lucky to have a room where I can see the sunrise and the reflection of the sunset in the city skyscrapers.
They remind me just how small I am.
That each new morning is a gift.
The magnanimous power of a force greater than all of us.
That each sunrise is a gift for surviving another day in a crazy world.
It never gets old!
Anywho, yesterday was a good day, despite my allergic rash arriving with a vengeance (SO ITCHY!). It was a day filled with people who had great energy and that's all I could hope for. Today's people have had great energy too, which I need to combat my zombie-like energy from all of the benadryl.
My oxygen is still dropping quite low when I walk so I have to go back on oxygen whenever I walk around, which is a bummer, but without it I'm doing damage to my lungs.
I didn't get much sleep last night, but I got some and some is better than none.
Coincidentally, my sister, Rachael, is here for IV antibiotics as well. This is the first time we've been inpatient at the same time so we went for a little walk last night. And, yes, people still do not smile or say hello when they see us walking around wearing masks [insert eye roll].
One of my antibiotic levels is still too low, yet if we go too high it damages my kidneys, so I'll definitely be here a few more days while we get that straightened out. I am mentally prepared to stay here until Sunday. Anything beyond that could get a little dicey emotionally-speaking.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend <3



Comments