Well That Was a Fun Few Days

Be it a jinx...bad luck...or just plain ol' coincidence, I find found myself back in the doctor's office yesterday for a "sick visit."  I wish this were some kind of April fool's joke, but it's not.

Things all started at the beginning of this week when Myles and I both had harmless sore throats.  Then things quickly escalated for me and I began experiencing respiratory setbacks, radiating organ pain, blah blah blah.

I went in yesterday and in just one week my PFTs dropped a whopping 13% (never a good thing) which only confirmed that something was going awry.  They did a bunch of blood work, virus swabs, and a urine culture.  While we don't know what the culprit is, my inflammation marker has tripled since my [already high] level last blood draw, even despite prednisone (again, not a good thing.)

About 10 years ago I heard Eckhart Tolle say something to the effect of:
Whenever you try to stop doing something, the Universe will test your resolve by throwing it at you even more.  
That really stuck with me and over the years I've seen it happen time and time again.

By deciding to diminish the power of my PFT numbers and pay them little mind, they slapped me in the face and dragged me from the top of the world to the center of a mud pit.  But like I always say, don't cry for me Argentina because it's going to take a lot more than this to change my mindset (but please Universe, let's call it a draw here.)

Just like everything else that comes my way this too shall pass (how many clichés can I cram in one post?)  My treatment options are super limited because of my resistance to most antibiotics and the fact that I just finished IV antibiotics, so the plan is to add Cipro on top of the "new" inhaled antibiotic that I started earlier this week.  I'm using this dreary rainy day to rest up and lick my wounds, and then tomorrow when the nice spring weather finally arrives I will force myself to go outside and soak up some sunshine and fresh air.

While it will never cease to blow my mind how much can change in an instance, it's been one of the biggest teachers for me to appreciate the good moments as they come, to know that the bad moments will pass, and above all to take life one moment at a time.  Sorry, I'm feeling a little cheesy in this particular moment ;-)



Comments

Anonymous said…
Love you, feel better ♡♡♡ Liz