Lucky Me
As luck would have it I have continued making progress and am officially done with IV antibiotics. I had my line pulled on Thursday and am ecstatic to report that
I
F e e l
G o o d.
I always use those 3 little words with such trepidation as to not jinx myself, but when I'm fortunate enough to be in this space I feel an overwhelming sense of gratitude and want to shout it from a mountain top like you see in cheesy commercials.
My PFTs have barely budged, but I continue to disregard them and focus on how I'm feeling instead. Despite the IV antibiotics helping a lot, my inflammation marker has continued to go up instead of down and I'm still having a few issues (don't we all?!?) so I'm doing a few days of prednisone and will start an inhaled antibiotic as soon as it gets delivered next week. I'm actually going to try an inhaled version of the "new" antibiotic I wanted to try in the hospital. I've been forewarned that it can be a little harsh, but I want to do everything in my power to stay in this space for as long as I can.
Spring is here...the sun is shining...and I've got plenty of pep in my step. That being said, a part of what keeps me grounded is to remain appreciative of the good health that my family and I have and ever vigilant of those who are a little less lucky. And since you all have sent me such amazing energy, perhaps you could take a brief moment and send some healing energy to a family friend who is in the early stages of an uphill trek. It really does take a village and I'm sending love and healing energy his way.
Happy spring my friends!
I
F e e l
G o o d.
I always use those 3 little words with such trepidation as to not jinx myself, but when I'm fortunate enough to be in this space I feel an overwhelming sense of gratitude and want to shout it from a mountain top like you see in cheesy commercials.
My PFTs have barely budged, but I continue to disregard them and focus on how I'm feeling instead. Despite the IV antibiotics helping a lot, my inflammation marker has continued to go up instead of down and I'm still having a few issues (don't we all?!?) so I'm doing a few days of prednisone and will start an inhaled antibiotic as soon as it gets delivered next week. I'm actually going to try an inhaled version of the "new" antibiotic I wanted to try in the hospital. I've been forewarned that it can be a little harsh, but I want to do everything in my power to stay in this space for as long as I can.
Spring is here...the sun is shining...and I've got plenty of pep in my step. That being said, a part of what keeps me grounded is to remain appreciative of the good health that my family and I have and ever vigilant of those who are a little less lucky. And since you all have sent me such amazing energy, perhaps you could take a brief moment and send some healing energy to a family friend who is in the early stages of an uphill trek. It really does take a village and I'm sending love and healing energy his way.
Happy spring my friends!

Comments