A Beautiful Thing


My view of tonight's sunset
Greetings beautiful people!  I hope that you all had a lovely weekend and got some of that gorgeous fresh air today.  As for me, I made it through the weekend without anymore bleeding from my lungs and am entering the home stretch of this hospitalization...home tomorrow, woo hoo!

 I still feel like I've been hit by a giant bus, but I was able to sneak out for a few minutes today and feel that glorious sunshine on my face; a little vitamin D therapy is a good thing after all.  After my little walk I did a much-needed breathing treatment, had a second physical therapy session, and slept like a bear in hibernation.  I feel like I could sleep for days, but I also know that this is temporary and will get better once my body surrenders to the antibiotics.

While my body may have some ways to go, my spirit couldn't be stronger.  What fuels my spirit in these situations is all of my interpersonal connections; I've had great nurses, friendly medical staff, some of my favorite docs and NPs, magnificent visitors and so many touching emails, texts, calls, etc.  I've had some of the most beautiful conversations, which comes in pretty damn helpful when you're stuck in 4 small white walls.  I really am lucky to feel so much love and to have so many loving people in my little world.  As one of my besties would say, my cup is full...and I couldn't be more grateful. XO

A snapshot from one of my strolls



Comments

Anonymous said…
Glad you're feeling better and get to go home!!! Xoxo Nik
Anonymous said…
You make the day special - you are so upbeat and really are one tough cookie - glad you are feeling better! xo Elaine