Things Are Lookin' Up
First and foremost, thank you all so friggin' much for your prayers, energy, thoughts, etc. because they're working! While I did have some more bleeding my first night here at the hospital, luckily I haven't had any since then - going on 36 hours now, woo hoo!
The IV antibiotics were started Thursday night and yesterday was par for the course: fever, chills, intense joint pain, and feeling like I'd been hit by a Greyhound bus. I met with the team and the only thing that we could all agree on was that things are pretty complicated and far from black and white. While my chest x-ray is a little worse than it was in May, it's hard to say what exactly has been causing the decline. There is no guarantee that these IV antibiotics will stop the bleeding and spare me another surgery, but for now if I can go the weekend without any more bleeding they'll let me go home Monday and I'll continue the IVs outpatient.
I am happy to report that my tunneled line placement went well last night and that, so far, today is better than yesterday. The plan now is to reintroduce chest physical therapy and nebs to make sure those don't cause more bleeding, but I have a good feeling about it. With so many awesome people and so much love in my corner, I got this!
My moral support waiting for my line yesterday:



Comments
Amy, Joe, & Mya