Bummer
Well...I gave it my best shot, but this cold kicked my boney butt. Damn you cold! My lungs began bleeding last Wednesday evening and continued bleeding a little more on Thursday evening. My lungs are not happy to say the least, so I surrender; it's time to call in the 'big guns.' I am scheduled to have my tunneled line (IV inserted through my jugular vein) placed on Monday in the late afternoon and then I will be admitted right after.
Hopefully if all goes well I will only be in the hospital for a few days and then will continue the IV antibiotics at home. I thought I'd be more upset, but surprisingly I've taken on more of an it-is-what-it-is attitude. Anyone who listens to my cough or feels the rattles in my chest knows that it's time, so now I just want to get the ball rolling so I can feel better. I'm sure I'll be more upset when I have to leave on Monday, but the plan is to leave after Myles goes down for his nap so I don't have to say a teary farewell - that's always the hardest part. I just keep reminding myself that it's only for a few days...no biggie.
While I will have an unfamiliar CF doc handling my inpatient care, I am psyched to have my trusty IR doc placing my IV on Monday; such a huge relief! I will be having sedation for the line placement and anyone who's been in the hospital knows how annoyingly long the admission process is, but I will try to update my blog asap to keep everyone posted. Though this is not the outcome I had envisioned, there are plenty of silver linings to focus on, so that's what I shall do.
Hopefully if all goes well I will only be in the hospital for a few days and then will continue the IV antibiotics at home. I thought I'd be more upset, but surprisingly I've taken on more of an it-is-what-it-is attitude. Anyone who listens to my cough or feels the rattles in my chest knows that it's time, so now I just want to get the ball rolling so I can feel better. I'm sure I'll be more upset when I have to leave on Monday, but the plan is to leave after Myles goes down for his nap so I don't have to say a teary farewell - that's always the hardest part. I just keep reminding myself that it's only for a few days...no biggie.
While I will have an unfamiliar CF doc handling my inpatient care, I am psyched to have my trusty IR doc placing my IV on Monday; such a huge relief! I will be having sedation for the line placement and anyone who's been in the hospital knows how annoyingly long the admission process is, but I will try to update my blog asap to keep everyone posted. Though this is not the outcome I had envisioned, there are plenty of silver linings to focus on, so that's what I shall do.
Comments