A Loophole
I just wanted to write a quick health update; you're all sweet enough to care, so I didn't want to leave you hanging. The great news is that after only a few days back on my autoimmune/arthritis medication most of my pain has greatly decreased and some of it has even completely resolved. While I am still waiting to discuss things in more detail with my rheumatologist, this to me is huge because it shows just how many of my issues are in fact autoimmune and not necessarily CF like they all the rheumatologists I've seen kept trying to tell me. What I find most interesting of all is how much my gallbladder and pancreas pain was affected by said medication. Neither my past GI doc nor my CF doc could explain what was causing those 'attacks', but now I feel like we might be onto something. I am meeting with a new GI doc next week for a second opinion about removing my gallbladder and am curious to see what she will think.
The not-so-great news is that just as I was starting to feel better, I caught a cold from Myles and it only took 2 days for the head cold to move down into my lungs. Luckily for me, this cold was the loophole for me to convince my CF doc to give me just one more course of oral antibiotics...but this really is the last time for a few months. I truly am so grateful to have such mutual respect and trust with my CF doc and realize how special that is to come by. I feel 100% confident that this specific antibiotic will curb my cold and she trusts my judgement and that I will surrender to IV antibiotics when needed. I equally trust her judgement and when she has an opinion, I listen carefully. If we do become what we think, then I know I'll be back in great shape by this time next week!
The not-so-great news is that just as I was starting to feel better, I caught a cold from Myles and it only took 2 days for the head cold to move down into my lungs. Luckily for me, this cold was the loophole for me to convince my CF doc to give me just one more course of oral antibiotics...but this really is the last time for a few months. I truly am so grateful to have such mutual respect and trust with my CF doc and realize how special that is to come by. I feel 100% confident that this specific antibiotic will curb my cold and she trusts my judgement and that I will surrender to IV antibiotics when needed. I equally trust her judgement and when she has an opinion, I listen carefully. If we do become what we think, then I know I'll be back in great shape by this time next week!
Comments