A Bunch of Blessings
Apparently yesterday's fever is more of an issue than I thought. Now they are testing me for a blood infection, a few flu strains, and viruses. Until the results come back everyone around me has to be fully gowned, gloved, and masked. But before yesterday started to go downhill, it was delightfully sprinkled with an array of blessings that made me smile.
Blessing #1: When I woke up yesterday morning, this was the view out my window. Once you look past the industrial crap, it was quite beautiful.
Blessing #2: Yesterday morning I received several videos and pics of Myles gleefully playing with his best friend Dean.
Blessing #3: While I was transported down to x-ray yesterday, three separate gentlemen told me that I looked too healthy to be here. I certainly wasn't feeling healthy and had the bags under my eyes to prove it, so I welcomed the compliment.
Blessing #4: I received a surprise visit from a reiki specialist. I welcome all the healing energy I can get, so I gladly accepted. After the session, the kind lady [off the record] told me that I had very good energy and that she instantly felt heat from my head chakra. Now I'm no dummy and I realize that "heat" she was feeling was my fever, but who doesn't love to hear that they have good energy?
Blessing #5: Of all the places she could have been, Rachael chose to spend her birthday afternoon with me! Not only was I honored and delighted, but she even brought me some of my favorite food. Unfortunately I was too nauseas to eat it, but I'm looking forward to enjoying it today. And we managed to have a few laughs, which is the best medicine.
Blessing #6: I received a very thoughtful and sweet delivery from my volleyball team. I'm sad to not be able to play with them this week, but it feels good to belong to such a caring team.
Blessing #7: As I sat across from Rachael, enjoying her company, I couldn't take my eyes off this beautiful sunset.
Blessing #8: I had a great Skype session with Mark & Myles. Myles' scowl from the night before had been replaced by smiles and kisses. I so needed that!
Blessing #1: When I woke up yesterday morning, this was the view out my window. Once you look past the industrial crap, it was quite beautiful.
Blessing #2: Yesterday morning I received several videos and pics of Myles gleefully playing with his best friend Dean.
Blessing #3: While I was transported down to x-ray yesterday, three separate gentlemen told me that I looked too healthy to be here. I certainly wasn't feeling healthy and had the bags under my eyes to prove it, so I welcomed the compliment.
Blessing #4: I received a surprise visit from a reiki specialist. I welcome all the healing energy I can get, so I gladly accepted. After the session, the kind lady [off the record] told me that I had very good energy and that she instantly felt heat from my head chakra. Now I'm no dummy and I realize that "heat" she was feeling was my fever, but who doesn't love to hear that they have good energy?
Blessing #5: Of all the places she could have been, Rachael chose to spend her birthday afternoon with me! Not only was I honored and delighted, but she even brought me some of my favorite food. Unfortunately I was too nauseas to eat it, but I'm looking forward to enjoying it today. And we managed to have a few laughs, which is the best medicine.
![]() |
| Happy Birthday Rae Rae!! |
Blessing #7: As I sat across from Rachael, enjoying her company, I couldn't take my eyes off this beautiful sunset.
Blessing #8: I had a great Skype session with Mark & Myles. Myles' scowl from the night before had been replaced by smiles and kisses. I so needed that!
All-in-all, the good far exceeded the bad!

.jpg)

Comments