Hold That Thought

     The pulmonary embolization was successful and took a whopping six hours.  There was a lot of abnormal arteries in both lungs that needed to be blocked off.  While I am extremely grateful to have avoided the ICU, the recovery has not been as easy as I'd hoped.  

     Last night my oxygen levels were abnormally low, requiring me to sleep with O2; and my heart has been racing abnormally high, which prompted an EKG and a constant heart monitor.  I also noticed some swelling this morning and mysteriously gained six pounds over night, without eating anything.  

     There is some concern of a blood clot in my lungs or particles from the surgery going rogue, so this morning I had an echocardiogram and will be going down for a CT scan shortly.  My intuition tells me that there is not a pulmonary embolism, but something does feel 'off'.  Whether or not I go home today will depend on these test results.  

     Thank you for all of the love and positive energy!  XO

Comments

Anonymous said…
<3 Denise
Anonymous said…
We are keeping all good thoughts for you. Hope you can go home soon. All Our Love, Mom & Dad XOXO
Anonymous said…
Just thinking of you thnx for these updates and so much easier on my iphone now. I'm pulling all the good from above for you. DebB
Anonymous said…
We love u!! You got this sistaaa!! Xox Amy,Joe,Mya