Jinx!
An ironic twist of events has caused my surgery to be rescheduled...again. I sat looking at this blank page for a good, long while because I still can't believe it; nor could I figure out quite where to begin. The reason the surgery has been postponed is ...drumroll... because I hemoptysized today (a.k.a. had bleeding in my lungs.) It was a decent amount of blood and more than I've had a few months, so my CF doc advised me to cancel the surgery [sigh].
There are so many thoughts swirling through my head and I haven't had time to process it all yet. I don't know why my lungs had such a bleed after two weeks of IV antibiotics. I don't know when the surgery will be rescheduled for. I feel awful that so many people rearranged their schedules for me. I feel frustrated that as badly as I want this behind me, I will have to endure the anticipation a while longer. And I feel grateful that the bleeding happened today and not while I was under anesthesia.
Unfortunately I have more questions than answers right now. At this point I am at the mercy of the surgeon's schedule and my body's behavior. The only things I know for certain is that my visiting nurse will come to draw blood tomorrow, that I will head up to see my CF team on Tuesday or Wednesday of this week, and that the Universe is testing me.
There are so many thoughts swirling through my head and I haven't had time to process it all yet. I don't know why my lungs had such a bleed after two weeks of IV antibiotics. I don't know when the surgery will be rescheduled for. I feel awful that so many people rearranged their schedules for me. I feel frustrated that as badly as I want this behind me, I will have to endure the anticipation a while longer. And I feel grateful that the bleeding happened today and not while I was under anesthesia.
Unfortunately I have more questions than answers right now. At this point I am at the mercy of the surgeon's schedule and my body's behavior. The only things I know for certain is that my visiting nurse will come to draw blood tomorrow, that I will head up to see my CF team on Tuesday or Wednesday of this week, and that the Universe is testing me.
Comments
the best reason...to make sure you are ok enough to go through with it....xoxo Nikki