Hurry Up and Wait

     Dare I say it, my gallbladder surgery has finally been rescheduled for July 11th.  If next week were not the 4th of July it would've been sooner, but I guess surgeons deserve a personal life too.  

     I saw my CF team on Wednesday and they cleared me for the surgery.  They did not have me do PFTs (breathing tests) as to avoid aggravating my lungs. They could not explain what caused the bleeding and simply stated that my lungs have a mind of their own and can be quite unpredictable.  Whenever I have a decent amount of bleeding from my lungs, it tends to pull my progress back a few steps and make me feel quite lousy.  This time was no exception, but I am starting to feel a little better each day.  

     The CF team continues to believe that the current meds are in fact working and made no changes.  They do, however, want to pull my IV line next Wednesday in hopes of resolving my blood clot issues.  Having my line pulled one week before the surgery is not my ideal scenario, but my team feels confident that by then I will be healthy enough to last me beyond the surgery.  Here's hoping for an uneventful two weeks with continued progress.  

Comments