Who Needs a Safety Net?
...this girl! As Thanksgiving rapidly approaches, many take stock of things/people they are grateful for. I mentally keep my tally year-round as I find it keeps me humble. My gratitude list could go on for days, but one of the top things that stays at the forefront is my safety net. It is comprised of those nearest and dearest to me and is a group so dynamic and eclectic that I consider it to be a cosmic phenomenon. It is not people that I have found along the way, it is people who have found me when I wasn't even looking; divine intervention perhaps? I digress.
I call this collection of very special people my safety net because they allow me the freedom and unconditional love to be my authentic self without caring what anyone else thinks. They have given me the confidence to stand up for the things that I believe in (even though they may not share the same beliefs,) they provide an honest and truthful sounding board when I need advice, and they're not afraid to tell me when I'm in the wrong. My safety net has carried me when my legs were too tired and celebrated with me when there was joy to be shared. A huge part of what allows me to be vulnerable in this blog is knowing that I will never fall flat on my face because they will always be there to catch me. In fact, when they 'previewed' my blog for me, their feedback was so supportive and inspirational that it moved me to tears.
Though as individuals the people in my safety net are SO different in so many ways, each and every one of them share the common thread of acceptance, compassion, honesty, loyalty, a great sense of humor and, most of all, love. They give as much of themselves to me as I give to them (a one-sided relationship is never any fun.) Without even trying or being aware, they have giving me such an abundance of love, support and sheer joy, and for that I am infinitely thankful. Everyone should be so lucky.
I call this collection of very special people my safety net because they allow me the freedom and unconditional love to be my authentic self without caring what anyone else thinks. They have given me the confidence to stand up for the things that I believe in (even though they may not share the same beliefs,) they provide an honest and truthful sounding board when I need advice, and they're not afraid to tell me when I'm in the wrong. My safety net has carried me when my legs were too tired and celebrated with me when there was joy to be shared. A huge part of what allows me to be vulnerable in this blog is knowing that I will never fall flat on my face because they will always be there to catch me. In fact, when they 'previewed' my blog for me, their feedback was so supportive and inspirational that it moved me to tears.
Though as individuals the people in my safety net are SO different in so many ways, each and every one of them share the common thread of acceptance, compassion, honesty, loyalty, a great sense of humor and, most of all, love. They give as much of themselves to me as I give to them (a one-sided relationship is never any fun.) Without even trying or being aware, they have giving me such an abundance of love, support and sheer joy, and for that I am infinitely thankful. Everyone should be so lucky.
Comments