Rainy Day Sunshine
Plus, I am excited to share the recording of our VLC panel with all who would like an uplifting 30-minute distraction from all the craziness these days. The video is now on YouTube so there's no registration needed to watch it. I am so incredibly proud of how poised, open, and vulnerable Tannaz was (at 24 years-old no less!) and it was an honor to work with her.
Our CF Story: My Squad
In other news, I finally got outside to soak in some sunshine and fresh air yesterday (woohoo!). However, it didn't take long for me to feel guilty about it.
I couldn't help but think of all the hospital staff working tirelessly to combat the pandemic and all the people around the world who are fighting with all their might to live; many of whom may never feel the sun kiss their faces again.
I am immensely grateful to all said hospital staff for all they're sacrificing to save others, to their administrators who are working around the clock to help them do their jobs in the safest environment possible, and to the pharmacists who continue to show up and keep up with the break-neck pace of medication demands.
I am immensely grateful to all the grocery store staff, delivery workers, truck drivers, online educators, online community apps, and so many others as our social distancing and "flattening of the curve" wouldn't be possible without them.
Two silver linings of this pandemic are the great sense of community and a refreshed vision of shared humanity. Even though we cannot and should not be physically around others, there are many ways we can show our appreciation for those who are on the proverbial front lines for our benefit and/or reach out to those who may be feeling lonely.
To do so will lift more spirits than we could ever realize and create a ripple effect. These are unprecedented times that require us all to work together in ways we never imagined.
If we can shift our intentions from self-focused to other-focused, beautiful things will come out of this and lives will be saved.
I am keeping those who are fighting, struggling, and helping in my heart each and every day. I am taking nothing for granted. I am sending love to all.
Today, it is raining and I'm loving every minute. When life's impermanence is fresh in your mind, every little thing--every raindrop that hits the windowpane--becomes more meaningful.
'It takes a village' has never felt more applicable and we are ALL living in that village. L O V E

Comments