Quick Update
All apologies for taking so long to post an update. Despite being stuck in a hospital room and totally bored, I just haven't had the energy or the mental focus to write...plus I strongly dislike writing on my iPad. But rest assured that I'm doing okay and still putting one foot in front of the other.
My line placement went very well on Monday and all medical staff--from the custodial staff to the docs--have been phenomenal and pleasant, which makes a world of a difference! I began on 2 "safe" IV antibiotics until my meeting with the allergy team. Luckily that meeting went well and they felt that they knew which of the 2 meds gave me the allergic reaction a few weeks ago and cleared me to start back on the other med without having to go through a process called desensitization which made me happy.
So last night they added the 3rd drug to my cocktail and if it goes well I should be able to go home later this evening. I am having some itching in different areas of my body but I think it will resolve on its own after a few days. I hope it does because it wasn't until they added this 3rd drug that I felt an ounce better.
Don't get me wrong, I'm still feeling quite lousy, but up until today I couldn't even take a deep breath without coughing my head off, so I'll gladly take this small step forward. My lungs really need a good swift kick in the proverbial butt so I'll be going home on 3 IV antibiotics which is a lot, but I'll do whatever it takes to feel like myself again.
My spirits are doing well, due largely in part to the love and support I've received from the amazing people in my world. Whether you reached out to me directly or channeled me some positive energy I felt it and it uplifted me more than you'll ever know. Thank you for even caring about my journey--it is an honor I do not take lightly.
Thank you <3
My line placement went very well on Monday and all medical staff--from the custodial staff to the docs--have been phenomenal and pleasant, which makes a world of a difference! I began on 2 "safe" IV antibiotics until my meeting with the allergy team. Luckily that meeting went well and they felt that they knew which of the 2 meds gave me the allergic reaction a few weeks ago and cleared me to start back on the other med without having to go through a process called desensitization which made me happy.
So last night they added the 3rd drug to my cocktail and if it goes well I should be able to go home later this evening. I am having some itching in different areas of my body but I think it will resolve on its own after a few days. I hope it does because it wasn't until they added this 3rd drug that I felt an ounce better.
Don't get me wrong, I'm still feeling quite lousy, but up until today I couldn't even take a deep breath without coughing my head off, so I'll gladly take this small step forward. My lungs really need a good swift kick in the proverbial butt so I'll be going home on 3 IV antibiotics which is a lot, but I'll do whatever it takes to feel like myself again.
My spirits are doing well, due largely in part to the love and support I've received from the amazing people in my world. Whether you reached out to me directly or channeled me some positive energy I felt it and it uplifted me more than you'll ever know. Thank you for even caring about my journey--it is an honor I do not take lightly.
Thank you <3


Comments
Love you!