What Goes Up Must Come Down


...but the plummet is rarely as fun.

It was the perfect recipe for my decline: Coming off of the study drug + all the germs Myles was bringing home from preschool. I didn't stand a chance.

For one month it's been a slow but steady downturn. Despite our efforts with oral antibiotics it's time for the big guns, IV antibiotics. 

Tomorrow (Thursday) I will go to have my tunneled line placed with sedation. The great news is that 1) my favorite IR doc will be doing the procedure and 2) my PFTs are stable enough that they are allowing me to dodge a hospitalization and do all of my IV antibiotics at home. Double score!

As far as restarting the research study, unfortunately this course of IV antibiotics will delay me until at least mid-February. While it would be luxurious to restart the study sooner, it is more important that I focus on my long term health and getting better.

I will be on the IV antibiotics about 3 weeks, which will have me concluding 2015 with the antibiotics and commencing 2016 on a healthy note. I have high hopes for you 2016...watch out!

  

Comments

Didi said…
Melly!!!! Hang in there darling. I don't want to be a nag but don't you dare lift a finger when you are home. Just because there's no chronic buzzing, dinging and nurses bugging you for your vitals, it is still essentially a hospital stay. I'm watching you kid.... TAKE IT EASY. Love you!