Quick Update
I am happy to report that my tunneled line placement went well yesterday and I arrived in my 'hotel' room late last night. Luckily they were able to start my IV antibiotics right away and my blood work looks good.
Without going into too much detail, I'm in a bit of a tricky spot here:
- What helps my lungs stay healthy and clear mucus (chest PT and nebs) can increase pulmonary bleeding once it's started, no bueno.
- In an effort to stop my lungs from bleeding, I've had to cut way back on both chest PT and nebs for a while now, so it's been like a wild spring break for all of the bacteria and mucus in my lungs.
- To put the kabosh on the party and get my lungs healthy again I have opted for an aggressive resumption of chest PT and nebs, which could trigger another bleed, but I don't think it will. I'm trusting my gut here.
So far (knock on wood) I haven't had anymore bleeding from my lungs since last Sunday and the team and I are hopeful that we'll be able to avoid another embolization (surgery to clot off the bleeding veins). That being said, tomorrow I will consult with my IR doc just in case--it can never hurt to have a plan B!
I'm feeling okay...not 'side effect hell' yet...just ridiculously tired. And with that, I'm off to rest my burning eyeballs. But I have to say that as busy as the foot traffic through my room has been, everyone has been so lovely and I have thoroughly enjoyed hearing their stories. You can take the girl out of the general population, but you can't take the 'people person' out of the girl!
Love.
Love.
My beautiful view...no, really...I love it!

Comments