Success!

   The tunnel line is in, complication free!!  My favorite doc did an absolutely amazing job and was well worth the wait.  I found out through the grapevine that he was supposed to be out all week recovering from surgery, but came in just for me.  I feel like I have to send him the biggest fruit basket ever, but want to think of something even better.  Any ideas anyone?

     I was so afraid of this day for so long, but then today I was surprisingly calm. And even though I was sedated, it wasn't nearly as painful as I thought it would be.  I am now officially a true believer in the magical powers of positive energy, prayers, etc. and I cannot thank you enough for all the love and support you've sent.  I really think it worked!!!

     I'm still not out of the woods yet and we'll probably have an ultrasound done in a few days to check for a blood clot, but this is one big hurdle cleared.  And now, without further ado, meet my tunnel friend...



Comments

Anonymous said…
Yay!! So happy to hear that everything went well! I have been thinking about you all day. I will keep praying that the next few days are uneventful and you can get some rest! You are one tough cookie!! Love you, Lizzy
Laurie DesRoches said…
Hey Mel! I love that you have this blog set up, it's great to be able to find out how things are going directly from you! Glad things were a success today & Im sure you are in great spirits....but that would be nothing new! You are always positive and upbeat! Just want you to know we are all thinking of you & wishing for a quick return home! xoxo
Jenn Reid said…
Grateful...relieved..happy...LOVE <3
Unknown said…
Tunnelegant!
Anonymous said…
Mel,
So happy that things went well. I will continue to hold you close in thoughts and prayers. A huge hug to both you and mom. You are such an inspiration...full of positive thoughts, energy and love. Love to you and mom, MaryAnne
Anonymous said…
I can feel all the love here for you so how can it not work!? What an amazing selfless person your doctor is. He knows you are something special too! Love and prayers, Denise
Anonymous said…
You rock that well sista!! Im so thrilled to hear you had a flawless day!! We love you so much!! Xox Amy, Joe, Mya
Melanie said…
To My lovely Wife,

Always remember you are BRAVER then you you believe, STRONGER than you seem, SMARTER than you think & TWICE AS BEAUTIFUL as you'de ever IMAGINED inside and out!!:) You are my HERO! LOVE YOU, Markie
Anonymous said…
Lizzie keeps me informed...always praying for you baby! xoxox

Love & hugs,
Kelly Demanche
Deborah Reid said…
I love your new tunneled friend!! I am so glad it is all over. Your strength is truely amazing. My prayers continue to be with you, your Mom and Mark and Miles. Love you XOXOX
Sherri Engel said…
Hi Melanie. Thank you for sharing your progress. Whenever I see you I hate to ask "how are you feeling" because as you said, you are asked that question almost daily. I've always known that you were a strong person, you cease to amaze me. I will keep you, Mark, and Myles in my thoughts and prayers. (That new tunnel friend of yours better treat you right, lol.) Keep the faith.
Anonymous said…
So glad to hear that things are going good - you are truly amazing. Will keep you and your mom in my prayers. I know this is a lot of work for you to keep up this blog but I know this sounds selfish but it helps us to know how you are really doing because when I ask - you say "I'm doing good"
Love ya, Elaine