Study Update



Hello friends! It's been almost seven weeks since I started the study drug and an update is long overdue. 

Two weeks into the study, my PFTs went up 10% (AMAZING!). It wasn't as big of a jump as others have experienced, but to have such a jump in such a short amount of time was nothing short of miraculous. 

I was beginning to feel unstoppable...and then the holiday madness struck and ran me over like a Mack truck. I get rundown every holiday season (who doesn't?!) and this one was no exception. While my PFTs did slip back a bit, on this new drug I was able to rebound over time without being hospitalized. That's progress I will welcome with open arms!

Another thing that happened over Christmas was that Myles caught the flu and I was miraculously able to avoid catching it. I did start Tamiflu prophylactically but I also credit this new drug for helping me through it.

All in all, this new drug does not make me invincible, it does not give me superpowers, nor is it a cure. But it has had an unquantifiable positive impact on my quality of life. While I continue to be in awe at my new ability to take deep breaths, it's still up to me to cultivate my superpowers from within ;)


Comments

Didi said…
Love the update and the pictures! Go Melly go! Xoxox
Anonymous said…
Love your updates and finally some positive improvements! 😍