Happy News


Hello friends! I am happy to report that this hospitalization has been uneventful and, in some ways, blindingly beautiful (keep reading and I swear that will make sense.) 

On day 2, I was desensitized to the antibiotic I’m allergic to (meropenem), which took most of the day and included a boatload of antihistamines that made me feel very ‘out of it.’ I did develop the allergic rash despite taking Benadryl with every dose but I am able to tolerate it so there’s a ‘win.’ 

My x-rays show some worsening changes, which confirmed that it was time for IVs. Since I am stable and my blood work looks good I get to go home today! Hip hip hooray! 

Despite my outward appearance (I have mastered the art of disguise) I am still struggling to feel “normal.” While I feel exhausted, itchy, and “yucky” it is not as bad as I had expected, so I’m happy. I am back to needing to wear oxygen when I walk but am fortunate it’s only temporary. I will continue the IV abx for a few more weeks outpatient with weekly blood work and clinic visits.

Thanks to the outpouring of love and support, my spirits are sky high and I’m feeling beyond lucky to have such kickass people in my life. As fate would have it, my two most favorite hospital clinicians left the hospital for other jobs but both returned this hospitalization (for one, this is the only weekend she’s worked in a year!) The chances of this happening in tandem were insanely small, so there is a serendipitous feel to it. These dynamo women have transcended from “hospital friends” to “real friends” and I simply adore them with all my heart. 

I also had some very special visitors this stay which touched my soul and I am deeply grateful for every single text, call, email, and Facebook comment. I’ve said it before but I’ll say it again: My biggest passion in life is human connection and it brings tears to my eyes to feel so many strong connections and have such meaningful interactions. It’s why I’m on this earth. I am richer than rich where it matters most.

Thank you all from the bottom of my grateful heart. L O V E


Myles & I tried matching “tattoos” this stay 🖤


Comments

LK said…
LOVE!! And love your spirit ...