True Gifts


The past few weeks have been a whirlwind of busyness, togetherness, magic, and sheer exhaustion. Christmas was bittersweet because the month leading up to it was so beautiful and full of joy and love that I was a little sad to see it end with material "stuff." Yet at the same time, we're extremely humbled and grateful to have so many people who care about us. If you ask me, that's the real gift!

I love the idea of giving experiences, so we gave Myles a quick trip to the American Museum of Natural History in NYC. My little science junkie had been wanting to go for more than 6 months and was beyond excited to finally get the chance. 


I still haven't been feeling well and wasn't feeling up for the trip but I'd booked the hotel weeks ago and the nonrefundable rate was much cheaper. So I decided to suck it up and make the most of it.  

It was insanely crowded and chaotic, but we were able to carve out moments of stillness and happiness. The museum was everything Myles had hoped it would be and that's what it was all about!

Now that the trip is behind us, the looming reality of the hospital and "side effect hell" is setting in and making me very grumpy. I will not complain though because my niece, Grace, is in the hospital now and has been suffering setback after setback. 

Most kids have spent their vacations playing with their new toys, taking fun trips, and getting together with their friends. Grace has been in the hospital since the day after Christmas and it's utterly heartbreaking, especially since she's the toughest kid I know and has already handled her share of disappointments this year living with severe Crohn's disease. 



Since I've felt the power of community prayers/healing vibes firsthand, I'm hoping the Melmoirs community can send some her way. Please join me in praying/wishing/hoping that the complications cease, the medications help, her pain subsides, and she's able to go home very soon. Thank you in advance <3 

I will be admitted on Wednesday, January 2nd but because of the sedation for my line placement and the chaos of admission protocols, I most likely will not be able to post any updates until the following day. 

I wish each and every one of you a safe New Year's Eve and that your year ahead is filled with all that brings you joy...plus just enough adversity to help you appreciate it all. Thank you for all of your continued love and support. It is truly one of the best gifts I've ever received.

Some of our Big Apple adventure...
















Comments

Anonymous said…
I think I know you Melanie. Did you live on Smith Neck Rd? You have grown into an amazing woman. God bless you
Auntie Millie said…
Amazing!!! Love you and wishing you a Happy New Year filled with good health and happiness! ❤️
Jen Hughes said…
We love you Auntie Nie Nie so very much!
Melanie said…
Dear Anonymous, I did grow up on Smith Neck Road! Thank you for the compliment and the blessing, I wish you the same ❤️
Vicki Bancroft said…
This is Vicki Bancroft-I did not mean to leave that as an "anonymous" comment...you know how technology can be. Love seeing your smiling face. Best to you,
Vicki (Scott's mom)
Didi said…
Amazing pics Mel! My prayers are with Gracie❤️ And for a quick stay at the hospital�� I love you!
Anonymous said…
Looks like everyone had a great time ,Love Mom and Dad xoxxo
Aunt try Sam said…
Oh those smiling faces!! Love all the pictures. You made memories for sure. Gracie has her Aunts spirit! To get through this too. Prayers for her and you my love.🙏👍❤️