Aha!



I haven't lost my mind! At least not yet anyway. I asked questions and by golly I got answers. 

Soon after I wrote my last post, the Universe helped me realize that while some of what I've been experiencing is side effects, I'm ultimately not getting better...yet. My lungs are angry and I need more weapons to win this duel. 

I saw my CF doc yesterday and she added prednisone to hopefully help my joint pain, arm pain, and sinus headaches. It also may even help me decrease one of the antihistamines, which would be awesome.

She also added a third antibiotic into the mix, hoping the 3 antibiotics will work together to squash the bugs in my lungs and help calm things down. Lastly, she's adding another neb to help thin out the junk. It's a solid plan of attack.

But the best part was when I learned the antibiotic I'm allergic to can also cause "irritability...hostility" and "extreme fatigue". I knew I wasn't myself and was experiencing unpleasant things beyond my control! This validation made it a little easier to swallow, knowing that it will be over soon. As I always say: Identify the dragon and it will lose its power. 

Hopefully in 8 days to be exact. That's when I'll head back to CF clinic and, if I've made enough progress, I can be done with these meds. In the meantime, the warm weather today gifted me a beautiful opportunity to go for a walk at one of my favorite spots.


Love where you live

The sun, the ocean, the rocks, the salty air all helped me tremendously. The salty air helped me physically by easing my breathing and lessening my chest tightness. The rest helped me mentally, allowing me to recalibrate, recenter, and release [insert deep exhale]. It was glorious and exactly what I needed! I found myself again and even found a piece of sea glass that looks like a T-Rex for Myles :)




So what's the moral of the story here? There is none! I'm just sharing my journey. Take out of it what you wish and leave the rest. We're all navigating our journeys the best we can. High-five for that!






Comments

Unknown said…
Dearest Melanie,
You are amazing. You help so many people,especially me. Many days I question my ability to face adversity,and then I read your journey and find strength. June. W ( Debbie's friend)