Shut It!



I've been off IV antibiotics for one week now and as much as I try to slam that door shut, it's stubbornly insisting on remaining open a crack.

When I end a course of IV antibiotics I always yearn for some laid back time where I can enjoy the freedom of a schedule void of med timing, drug side effects, weekly Boston trips, and twice-a-week blood draws -- especially since we're already halfway through the summer and I feel like there's a lot of fun to catch up on. This was not that kind of week. 

My first week of freedom kept me tethered down with hemoptysis (coughing up blood), dipping oxygen, chest tightness, and sharp chest pain that unexpectedly landed me back up in Beantown for a CT scan to rule out another blood clot in my lung. 

I am SO HAPPY to report that there was no clot (PE), just a lot of bilateral mucous plugging, which I'll keep pluggin' away at moving on out (pun intended).  

While the conclusion of this IV course may not have been as I'd hoped, it brought me so much joy that I was able to give Myles what he's been wanting most: swimming and water slides with his mama. I'd been unable to swim because of the IV line in my chest, so as soon as my line was out it was game on! The swimming even helped move some of the rattles in my chest, a win-win! 

And the water slides came with the added bonus of some QT with my bestie, Liz, and her amazing girls. Talk about a silver lining! 

New England summers go by way too fast and there are still so many friends I want to see and adventures to take. So here's hoping all the medical 'stuff' starts to quiet down. Until then, there's always next week to relax...






Comments

Liz said…
We had the best day ever! So sorry you ended up back on the hospital :(Take care of yourself and let me know if you need ANYTHING. We love you 💜
Didi said…
Love the pics Melly! Keep plugging girl and unplugging (hehe). Love you!