One Lucky Duck


Members of the Children's CF team

As I'm preparing to head home from the hospital, I am doing so with a heart that's overflowing with joy. Though it was incredibly busy, my hospital stay has been one of happiness and connectedness. Everyone I've interacted with has been kind, engaging and a pleasure to be around.

Working with the CF Foundation examining the partnerships between CF patients and their care teams has made me even more cognizant of how exceptional my care team is. I've always known they were special, but hearing how other care teams operate magnifies their unique and natural ability to connect with their patients and see patients for who they are and not just the disease.

I'm so grateful for my relationship with my care team and the bonds we've formed. Often times being in the hospital can be dreadful, but in a weird kind of way, being here in the hospital feels like I'm just hanging out, catching up with friends, allowed the time and space to focus 100% on my health. I guess it's all in how you frame it.

I've also had the luxury of a hospitalization void of trauma, surgery, or heartbreak which makes it a lot easier to focus on the positive and for that, I'm grateful as well.

While I continue the antibiotics at home, there are a few things we need to keep an eye on, but all in all, I've been fortunate and am on my way back to healthy.

A deepest, heartfelt thank you to everyone who was involved in my care--from the attending doc all the way to the custodial staff--you have been lovely and I have enjoyed being in your care. Thank you for all of your hard work and devotion, for your empathy and compassion, and for always remembering that your patients are people too. Keep up the great work :)


My favorite PA

The one & only Dr. Uluer, who was on service this round 

My favorite exercise therapist, Jill

Improvising a hospital workout



Comments