Well That Didn't Take Long


After stopping IV antibiotics 2 weeks ago, it only took me 7 days to catch a gnarly cold from my little buddy that planted itself in my lungs and wreaked complete havoc. SEVEN DAYS!

Yesterday I found myself back in CF clinic for a "sick visit." My PFTs had dropped almost 10% in 2 weeks and my lungs were chalk-full of crackles and wheezes. I've also lost my voice from coughing so much. So now I'm on 3 antibiotics (2 oral + 1 inhaled) and we're crossing our fingers and toes they work.

This also means that my study re-entranced date has been pushed back an entire month, which puts me in the first week of March. It's disappointing for sure, but I realize it's out of my control and I know that I gave staying healthy my best shot. As I often say, it is what it is. 

I am happy to report that Myles rebounded on his own and is feeling much better. 
He's lucky he's so cute ;)

Comments