Where's the F*%king Rainbow?
Six weeks and two days ago I started a course of IV antibiotics optimistically hopeful that after the three-week course I'd be feeling so much better and ready to tackle this summer with zest and vigor. Six weeks and two days later and I'm not that far from where I started, feeling oh so tired and downright frustrated.
I honestly don't even have the energy to go into detail about the happenings since my last post but they've included 2 visits to CF clinic, a visit back to IR (where I had my embolization done), lots of tests/imaging/blood work, 2 antibiotics, 5 days of prednisone, and a partridge in a pear tree.
With another possible hospitalization and/or another round of IV antibiotics looming over me I find myself digging my heels in the ground, holding onto my life preserver with everything I have and trying to wait out this storm.
Of course waiting out any storm is easier if there's an end in sight and I think that being on this particular journey for so long and still not seeing a light at the end of the tunnel is what's so hard for me at this point. I believe that what you think is what becomes and I've been thinking positive for 6 weeks and 2 days now. I'm exhausted. I'm frustrated. And I'm calling in my cavalry because western medicine needs a little help. If you could so kindly say a little prayer, send some positive energy, stand on your head and do a 'wellness' chant--whatever you believe in--I would greatly appreciate it!
I just want to feel like myself again dammit.
So watch out rainbow, we're coming to find you...
I honestly don't even have the energy to go into detail about the happenings since my last post but they've included 2 visits to CF clinic, a visit back to IR (where I had my embolization done), lots of tests/imaging/blood work, 2 antibiotics, 5 days of prednisone, and a partridge in a pear tree.
With another possible hospitalization and/or another round of IV antibiotics looming over me I find myself digging my heels in the ground, holding onto my life preserver with everything I have and trying to wait out this storm.
Of course waiting out any storm is easier if there's an end in sight and I think that being on this particular journey for so long and still not seeing a light at the end of the tunnel is what's so hard for me at this point. I believe that what you think is what becomes and I've been thinking positive for 6 weeks and 2 days now. I'm exhausted. I'm frustrated. And I'm calling in my cavalry because western medicine needs a little help. If you could so kindly say a little prayer, send some positive energy, stand on your head and do a 'wellness' chant--whatever you believe in--I would greatly appreciate it!
I just want to feel like myself again dammit.
So watch out rainbow, we're coming to find you...
Comments