This & That
Just a quick post to fill you in on the past few weeks. I'll begin where I left off: health 'stuff.'
After one week on the 3 antibiotics I went back to my CF doc only to find that my PFT's had dropped 10% in 7 days (not good.) She was still super hesitant to start IV antibiotics and agreed to let me finish out the course and then go back to repeat the PFT's. That was supposed to be this coming Tuesday but I will have to reschedule due to the blizzard being forecast. I will say that I am finally feeling better and feel confident that I have dodged the 'IV bullet' for now (famous last words, right?)
Fortunately and unfortunately my endoscopy biopsies did not show anything or give any insights as to what's causing my abdominal pain. Something you don't want to hear your GI doc--one of the best CF GI docs in the country--say is "I'm a hard one to stump, and you've got me stumped." But that's something I've been hearing for a few years now from all different kinds of specialists. I am somewhat desensitized to it and have even become accepting to some extent. This GI doc is an exceptional pioneer in the CF community and I have no doubt that I am in the best hands. I understand that my doctors are human beings doing the best they can and that the body will always be leaps & bounds ahead of science.
The good news is that I'm feeling improved, breathing easier, sleeping better, and in far less pain. I've been back on the treadmill and getting stronger day by day -- physically and mentally. In an effort to further my well being (and to escape "Deflategate") I'm taking a solid 7 days off of Facebook and limiting my "news" intake. I'm only a few days into it, but I've gotta admit it feels pretty liberating. There was just too much negativity for my heart to handle and I needed a break to focus on the positive; like a reboot. So far, so good.

Comments
Love you!! Auntie Millie