Moving Forward

Truth be told, last week was a little overwhelming.  With a lot of practice, I've gotten quite good at living 'in the moment' and not getting too ahead of myself.  I normally don't pay much attention to my mortality, yet for some reason it kept creeping into the forefront last week.  Being 34 and having a child, I had already been feeling the normal responsibility to get things 'in order' and document my final wishes, when along came the "I Lived" video reminding everyone what the CF life expectancy is, and then the week culminated with the passing of a fellow "CF-fer" who just so happened to have striking parallels to my own life.  Add to the mix my then-upcoming surgery and the immensely touching outreach of support spreading CF awareness and boy was it a doozy!

Needless to say it was a lot to take in for both myself and my husband, but despite how emotional the week was, we were both so incredibly moved by the support of others helping to share our message.  I wrote my last blog post on CF Awareness hoping that it would generate a few whispers here and there.  I did not expected it to circulate the way that it did and was absolutely blown away to see people who don't even know me sharing my message.  It was not only humbling, but also an amazing gift to witness members of my community come together to help my cause.  While I don't wish illness on anyone, I do wish that everyone could feel what that support feels like...truly amazing. 

Before I knew it, the week was over...the social media chatter had come to a screeching halt...my IV antibiotics were finished...and it was time for my [20th] sinus surgery.  I am happy to report that the IV antibiotics did their job and that the surgery went very well.  In the sinuses deep behind my polyps (that lead down to my lungs) they found a lot of infection, which was probably one of the reasons I had such a hard time staying healthy.  With the infected areas removed and my lungs in so/so shape, I feel optimistic that my health will continue to improve.  It's up to me now and I'm eager to see how good I can feel.  Once I fully recover from the surgery (lungs having a hard time), I plan on getting back into an exercise routine to enhance my health as much as I can.  I also plan on getting everything 'in order' so that I can get those thoughts out of my brain once and for all and get back to focusing on what matters most: the present moment.  

In other news, my OutRun CF shirt came in already and it definitely runs true to size this year (I got a medium.)  I am so excited by the interest it's received so far and can't wait to see the pics roll in on Thanksgiving.  In addition to posting your pic on social media, I'd love to share your pics here as well, so please email, text, or tag me in your pics if that's okay. 

Here are some random pics from this week, some of which were taken at our 'family fun day' the day before my surgery; I always find it important to head into the hospital with happy thoughts :)


The 2014 Outrun CF tech tees
Pre-Op Selfie

 

LOVE



Comments

Anonymous said…
We are so glad your feeling better and hope it continues ,loved the pictures.Love Mom and Dad oxox