Thank You Angels


First and foremost I'd like to write a quick update about Rachael:  She returned home on Friday and is ever so slowly starting to improve, but it will be a while before she feels good again.  Thank you everyone who's been thinking of her and sending well wishes; it really does mean so very much!

As for my bod, it hasn't been behaving quite like I want it to and just when I think I know myself backwards and forwards, inside and out, it throws me a humbling curveball.  I finished the two-week course of antibiotics on Thursday and was actually feeling worse than when I started.  I have been experiencing an array of weird symptoms out of my norm, so I went for a "sick visit" on Friday.  My fabulous Nurse Practitioner [love her!] agreed that what's been going on is quite perplexing as she looked me in the eyes and said "Honestly, I have no idea what's causing all of this."  To which I immediately replied "Me neither!!"  I found her honesty refreshing as most docs who can't figure out what's going on always fall back on their crutch of "some random virus."  What was clear was that my body is very inflamed and battling some kind of infection, so she put me on 3 antibiotics and prednisone (steroids) for 2 weeks.  Once again I spiked a fever in response to the new antibiotics, but I take that as a good sign that these meds are the right combination and 2 days in I'm already feeling some relief.  I'll take it!

A few days ago when I was feeling quite awful, I went to see my new favorite reiki massuese at Gloria & Co and left there feeling like a new person.  It was like she hit my 'reset' button, realigning my mind, body & soul so they can get back to working together, not against each other.  When I left there I felt SO grateful and uplifted.  Of course my symptoms later returned, but she gifted me a reprieve and sent me on the right path to self healing.

In my little lifetime I have been lucky enough to meet so many angels -- some human, some spirit -- who have expressed a selfless interest in helping me and I doubt that I would be where I am without their help.  Many of them I have barely known at the time they reached out to me, which is why I find something so angelic about them.  Some I know well and am continuously in awe when I learn that they're thinking of ways that they can make my life a little better.  Some acts are grand, some small; all equally touching and important.  Will any of these efforts cure my ailments?  Nope.  But they have improved my quality of life immensely and restored my faith in both humanity and the divine.  I am eternally grateful for the angels I have on the 'other side' looking out for me and sending me their energy and I am also extremely grateful for the angels walking on this earth who have crossed my path.  Oh the fun I will have returning all the favors when I get to the 'other side' (too dismal?  C'mon people lighten up...we're all going there at some point!)

A pic from last weekend serving as proof
that I'm getting some help from angels above.
  

Comments

Debbie said…
Dear Melanie, I am glad to here that Rachael is improving. Thanks for keeping us informed. I am so sorry that you are not feeling very well, but I do know that you do have many angels watching over you. Uncle Bill had a very special place in his heart for you and I know he is with you. You yourself have been an angel to so many people, comforting my husband in his final days. It meant so much, so continue to keep your heart open and let those angels work there magic. Love you and please if you need anything, please call. Auntie Debbie