An Upswing
One week down, two to go. Though the first few days of the IVs were a little rough and I spiked a super high fever, I'm happy to report that things quickly settled down and I am making progress. Despite one of my IV meds (Tobramycin) still not reaching therapeutic level (a strong enough dose to do its job) my PFTs yesterday were already up 9% -- making this one of my quickest rebounds in more than 5 years! And while that is excellent news, my breathing tests are only a fraction of the whole equation. There's still other areas needing improvement and they've just tried increasing my tobramycin dose for the 3rd time, making it my highest dose ever. Third times the charm, right?
As far as my pain goes, it has remarkably decreased but still remains in some areas. Because of this, I am having an abdominal MRI next week and a sinus CT scan in early June. My docs and I are hopeful that these tests will give us some answers.
All in all, I am happy with this week's progress and feeling good about this round of IVs. Once I catch up on some much-needed sleep and start to get more energy back I hope to kick off my 5K training. One week ago I had my doubts, but now it seems within my grasp. Thank you meds for working this time!
Last but not least, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all the moms out there...you are all AMAZING!!! It's not always the easiest job, but it is the most rewarding. We're not perfect, but we do our best and give it everything we got. It may not always be fun, but it can also bring us unimaginable joy. Cyber Hi-5's all around!
As far as my pain goes, it has remarkably decreased but still remains in some areas. Because of this, I am having an abdominal MRI next week and a sinus CT scan in early June. My docs and I are hopeful that these tests will give us some answers.
All in all, I am happy with this week's progress and feeling good about this round of IVs. Once I catch up on some much-needed sleep and start to get more energy back I hope to kick off my 5K training. One week ago I had my doubts, but now it seems within my grasp. Thank you meds for working this time!
Last but not least, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all the moms out there...you are all AMAZING!!! It's not always the easiest job, but it is the most rewarding. We're not perfect, but we do our best and give it everything we got. It may not always be fun, but it can also bring us unimaginable joy. Cyber Hi-5's all around!
Comments