Bug Off!
Just a brief health update: After one week on the prednisone and two antibiotics, I was only seeing minimal improvement and couldn't figure out why. Then I received a phone call from the CF doc I saw. She explained that my cultures came back showing a moderate amount of a new bacteria, which is never good news for anyone with CF. Without going into too much detail, infections from this bacteria are on the rare side and hard to treat; it also happens to be resistant to both of the antibiotics I'm on, which would explain why I haven't been feeling better.
In an effort to treat this new bacteria aggressively she added a third antibiotic, which I started on Friday. Unfortunately this antibiotic comes with side effects that make me feel even worse, but I'll do whatever it takes to get rid of these 'new' little jerks.
In random news, I found this new trend making its way around Facebook and Twitter for anyone who's looking for random-acts-of-kindness inspiration. The trend is small (and often anonymous) acts of kindness with the hash tag #feedthedeed. Once you've completed your act you "nominate" one of your friends/followers to do something next, thus sparking a chain reaction of positivity. I personally find posting your acts of kindness to be a little gratuitous, but I'd much rather see that than someone sharing their misery. Kindness is one thing we can never have too much of and it's nice to see people making a positive effort. Click HERE to see the Facebook page.
As my dear friend Ellen says, be kind to one another :)
In an effort to treat this new bacteria aggressively she added a third antibiotic, which I started on Friday. Unfortunately this antibiotic comes with side effects that make me feel even worse, but I'll do whatever it takes to get rid of these 'new' little jerks.
In random news, I found this new trend making its way around Facebook and Twitter for anyone who's looking for random-acts-of-kindness inspiration. The trend is small (and often anonymous) acts of kindness with the hash tag #feedthedeed. Once you've completed your act you "nominate" one of your friends/followers to do something next, thus sparking a chain reaction of positivity. I personally find posting your acts of kindness to be a little gratuitous, but I'd much rather see that than someone sharing their misery. Kindness is one thing we can never have too much of and it's nice to see people making a positive effort. Click HERE to see the Facebook page.
As my dear friend Ellen says, be kind to one another :)
Comments