Family

     
     I don't get to see my families as often as I'd like but whenever I do, I always leave feeling happier and lighter.  Family feels good.  Today I had the pleasure of seeing my extended family on my mom's side.  Though it was under unfortunate circumstances, I always enjoy seeing this side of the family because there are no facades, we are who we are and it's refreshingly honest.  When this side of my family gets together we can go from hysterical laughter to tears in less than 15 minutes and I love that about us.  

     As I sat there taking in 'family time' I couldn't help but think about how important my families are to me.  I say families because I consider myself to have many:  the ones I was born into (both immediate and extended,) the one I married into, the one I've built over the years through soulful connections, and the one that Mark & I created when we committed to one another.  Each of these families mean the absolute world to me and has made me realize how much I value family in general.

     I love how family pulls together during hard times to support each other.  I love how family offers encouragement, love, and acceptance.  I love how family celebrates one another and shares each other's joy.  I love that no matter how long we go without seeing each other, we can still pick up right where we left off.  I love the comfort and warmth family surrounds us with.  And I love the honesty and authenticity of family that helps us to be the best versions of ourselves.  

     I know that no family is perfect and that sometimes family can equally drive us crazy, but I'm feeling particularly grateful for all of my families today and just wanted to share.  LOVE!    

Comments

Anonymous said…
You are a wonderful addition to our family!! We love ya to pieces! And thank you for all of your positive energy!!!!! It just feels good to be surrounded with such positive vibes!! Xox Amy ;-)
Debie said…
So very true and well written. We are so blessed to have the family ties that we do have. What I love about this family is that even though we do not see each other or speak to each other in weeks, we know that we are connected through our hearts and minds with positive energy.
we couldn't have picked a better family. Love You Mel XOXOX