Back to the Drawing Board

     


     Sigh.  Today officially marks two full weeks of IV antibiotics and yet I continue to feel worse than before I even went into the hospital.  To say that I feel frustrated would be an understatement.  I'm over feeling like this...over running on empty...over feeling like I'm sucking as a mother, wife, friend, and in every other facet of my life.

     I don't know if I caught something else or if that "random virus" got the best of me, but I do know that these meds aren't working.  So tomorrow my CF team will go back to the drawing board, look at my recent cultures, and decide on new antibiotics.  Unfortunately this means that I'm looking at two more weeks of IV meds instead of one, and stronger meds will most likely come with stronger side effects.  Fortunately the new meds should will kick some ass and show me a light at the end of my tunnel.  

     Here's hoping.


Comments

Anonymous said…
My Miss Melanie - you do not suck as a mother, wife, friend, etc. . . .you need to have patience with yourself. . .you are a kick ass niece, mother, wife, daughter, sister!! Love you. . . .Auntie Millie
Anonymous said…
You just broke my heart saying that about yourself..you are such a wonderful, caring individual!! I can't even express to you how great of a mother you are! Myles just adores you & lights up when his eyes catch yours!! We love you vey much!! Amy xox
Anonymous said…
I must agree, from what I have seen, you are a GREAT mom...don't ever doubt yourself (I'm sure Markie would say you're a great wife too!) You are raising a little angel! On our way home from NH this weekend a car was driving right next to us, the license plate said CF-HOPE. and there was one of those ribbons on the car...a purple one...of course it made me think of you! Love ya~ Nikki
liz said…
Don't you ever say you are a sucking as a mother, wife or friend (& whatever else nonsense you said). Myles is a happy, kind and well behaved little boy and I'm pretty sure you and Mark are the reason behind it. I know they will come up with some answers for you and then you will be able to start to feel better. I love you and would love to help you out with anything you need xox