Want to Outrun CF with Me?
I wanted to share some info with you about an annual Thanksgiving "virtual" run to help raise money and awareness for two great CF organizations. A virtual race means that you can run/walk/skip/crawl anywhere you like (even on a treadmill) and for whatever distance you choose. The main goal is to get people up and moving for better health and a greater good, so I thought it was worth sharing.
While I'm not feeling up to running just yet, I know I will be soon enough and plan to jog at least one mile on Thanksgiving morning. Mark will be working, so it's just Myles and myself. If anyone wants to join in, the more the merrier. If it's too cold to run outside, I may try to find an indoor track or something. I understand that Thanksgiving is already crazy busy for many of us, so there's no pressure whatsoever, but for anyone who's interested, here's more info:
While I'm not feeling up to running just yet, I know I will be soon enough and plan to jog at least one mile on Thanksgiving morning. Mark will be working, so it's just Myles and myself. If anyone wants to join in, the more the merrier. If it's too cold to run outside, I may try to find an indoor track or something. I understand that Thanksgiving is already crazy busy for many of us, so there's no pressure whatsoever, but for anyone who's interested, here's more info:
Outrun CF: A Good Excuse to Get Moving
Some people are motivated to work out solely for better health. Others need a little extra push to get their tush out the door. If you are like most of us, and need a little nudge, we have just the ticket for you: Outrun CF.
What is Outrun CF?
CysticLife and the Rock CF Foundation partner up a couple times a year on an event called Outrun CF. We have one this Thanksgiving, Thursday, November 28, 2013. Outrun CF is a virtual race, so anyone, anywhere can participate. Here's how it works:
- Register Online. It's quick, easy, and only costs $30.
- Choose the Specifics. This race is all about YOU! You choose what you want to do. You can run, walk, skip, crawl, rollerblade, cross country ski, you name it. You then choose the distance. It can be a mile or a marathon! And lastly, you choose the location. This is a virtual race, so we all do it on the same day, but in different locations. You can do it around your block or in your town's local Thanksgiving Turkey Trot. Some people even organize groups of friends and family to all get out together. We don't care what you choose, as long as you're getting out and moving.
- Get a T-shirt. Each race we design a new, unique, fun Outrun CF t-shirt. These t-shirts are only available to race participants. We get questions all the time about how to get the awesome Outrun CF t-shirts. THIS IS IT! Register so you can have one of the exclusive Outrun CF Tees!
- Train. Get out and train to run, walk, skip, hike, etc. for your chosen race distance. Use this event as your excuse to get exercising in the weeks leading up to race day!
- Get Out on Race Day. On Thanksgiving Day, November 28th, it's go time. Wherever you've chosen to "race"; whoever you're with; whatever exercise you're doing - Do it on Thanksgiving day, IN YOUR OUTRUN CF T-SHIRT!
- Tell Us About Your Race. We want to hear how it went. Post on our Facebook page to tell us how it went, what you did, and share pictures from the day! We want to hear all about it!!
Where does the money go?
The proceeds from the event go to support the missions of both CysticLife and the Rock CF Foundation. This includes supporting research, funding grants to CF patients and families, and creating educational materials.
Where Can I Go for More Information?
To get updates, see previews of the t-shirt design, receive training tips, and find others also outrunning CF, check out Outrun CF on Facebook or to register now, go to the Outrun CF Registration Page.
Comments